Perform general teller duties, being prompt, efficient and friendly in the taking of deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, dispensing coin and currency, issuing money orders, gift cards, etc. Process stop payments, holds, and collection items. Recognize improper and suspicious transactions, using precautions to prevent loss. Assist customers with inquiries and direct them to appropriate bank departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cross sell bank services and products by referring new and existing customers for additional bank services; direct customers to appropriate department.
- Promote Secure Checking program and cross-sell other bank services.
- Accept and process deposits to established DDA and savings accounts, proof cash and checks for individual and commercial deposits, verify endorsements.
- Cash checks, pay withdrawals from savings accounts, redeem Savings Bonds, coupons, and other documents of value. Cash advances.
- Answer customer inquiries and perform account maintenance such as address changes, holds, and stop payments.
- Count, proof, and package currency and coin.
- Close accounts; transfer funds upon customer’s request.
- Cross train on new account process to serve as backup in that capacity.
- Perform additional duties as required or assigned.
Standard hours are 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, Monday through Friday plus 8:45 AM-noon three Saturdays per month. Must be available to work flexible hours, providing coverage during absence of closing tellers. Must be available to work additional Saturdays as needed.